Saturday, June 26, 2010

Continuing the challenge with a few bumps in the road...

Thursday, Day Two....today I got up at five to drive Eben to the base, came home to eat breakfast and wake up before my Pilates class at 8:30.....but I quickly discovered there was NO COFFEE in the house. I woke up sooo tired.....usually on the early mornings where I have to take him to work so I can have the car, I'm really groggy at first but "wake up" by the time I get home from the trip. But today I really wanted to crawl back into bed and the fact that there was NO COFFEE in the house didn't help at all! But I sucked it up and went to class and told myself I could stop at the Coffee Bean by the studio afterward. And....class was awesome! I have had some really amazing gains lately and today I was feeling some great flexibility and movement in my lower back which has always been tight and hard to articulate due to some curvature in my spine. But the Pilates is definitely helping my back issues, so cool!
After Pilates I did my second day of the 30-Day Shred....and it was a LOT more difficult than it was yesterday! Mostly in the strength part, because it definitely worked a part in my shoulder/bicep area and made it reeeal sore. So to do the same exercises again was a bit tough. But I made it through!

Friday....should have been day three.....but I had the worst, nauseating and painful cramps ever. I got up early, took Eben to the base and went straight to the studio to do my weekly cleaning with the intention of hitting the gym to do some cardio on the way home. But, on the way home from the studio I started feeling sick and crampy so I just went home and skipped the gym. As the day went on I felt worse. So I decided to take a day off...plus my knee was hurting again, and it's been a pretty intense week so I didn't want to push it. We'll see how tomorrow goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment