Wednesday, June 23, 2010

30-Day Shred Challenge! Day one...not so bad...

So today I started Day one, Level one of the 30-Day Shred video. Well, let's back up...before I started I went outside to the trail behind my house and ran two miles. And before that I warmed up with about 20 minutes of yoga to get the blood flowing. So by the time I popped the DVD in I was, well, sweaty. It's getting HOT here, next time I'm gonna have to run earlier in the morning! (For those of you in MN, you might be thinking "well of course it's HOT, it's the end of JUNE!!" But summer here just started to heat up, like a week ago. It's been gray and 60 degrees for the past two months!! I guess that's typical though).
Level one was......intense but not awful. I think if I had started this at the degree of fitness I was like a year ago, it probably would have been awful. But my cardio endurance, core stability, and overall strength has gotten a lot better in the past 8 months. The workout itself is pretty basic moves but it does move fast and gives you virtually no break in 20 minutes, but like she says, if you want to work out for only 20 minutes a day and expect to see results, you have to make it count. There are two "models" doing the exercises along with Jillian, one who modifies them to make them easier and one who modifies them to make them harder. Now, the one who modifies them the easy way clearly didn't get those abs by doing that, so she is a liar and I didn't want to cheat by following her. And the one who modifies harder is just frightening, so I chose not to look at her either. Though I suppose to progress within level one I'll have to follow her veiny, hulk-thighed lead sooner or later. The one thing I noticed was that the ab intervals were easy as pie for me. Yay Pilates! Maybe if I work harder in my cardio you'll actually be able to, you know, see those abs someday!! They are real strong under there, just hiding for now. ;)
One thing I noticed....a few hours after eating lunch today my tummy was having that ravenous hunger feeling that I used to get when I would have a good weight/running session, eat, and then go to work...I swear an hour after eating a HUGE (but healthy) meal I would feel hungrier than before I ate. That's the metabolism fire, and I haven't felt it for awhile, but I felt it again today! Awesome! Good to have you back, burny, rumbly sensation.

Tomorrow: Day two and Pilates class!

No comments:

Post a Comment