Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Week TWELVE (!!), days one through three.....

Day One, Monday.....wow I can't believe it's the last week already!! So as discussed in the results post, my bloating had me feeling a little icky today. I worked a double, and it was SO BUSY because of MLK day and people having the day off, apparently they all came out to the mall and the movies and needed some Big Bowl to refuel! :) So it was good because I made a good chunk of money, especially considering it was only a Monday which I usually don't expect to make much. BONUS! Nice to make a little extra with my vacation just around the corner! But, it was not so nice in that I worked eleven hours straight with only a tiny half-hour break to shovel some dinner in :( Luckily I brought lots of snacks to keep me going throughout the day. So I was exhausted and drained at the end of the day, but really not feeling too ragged physically, considering. I know that getting into better shape has really strengthened my body to the point where these long shifts don't affect my feet/knees/legs as much as they used to! For a while the all the working out + work was really pushing me physically, but I think now I've reached the tipping point where I can handle it because I'm in much better condition. So cool!!


Day Two, Tuesday....today I worked lunch at the restaurant, and as expected after the madness of yesterday, it was SLOOOOW. Like my section didn't even fill up during the "rush" (if you could call it that) so I had three tables and was cut! Which was actually ok. I had packed my gym bag in the am and went straight there after work and did not only my day one running stuff but also did a good resistance workout as well with the machines and weights! I think I am going to start doubling up on workouts like this whenever possible, especially now that my endurance is up and I can handle all that on days where I work as well. Feeling good and strong! Also tonight I started to feel back-to-normal and more like 130 again :) I will "officially" weigh myself tomorrow morning to check in on the progress and make sure I'm not actually gaining!

Day Three, Thursday....today I had my last session with my trainer!! So sad :( but I know that we will probably continue in some form or other after my vacation (and I will continue to take her pilates class). She worked me harder than ever which was great...and then at the end of the session she weighed me to see how much I have lost since our first session and weigh-in. Our first session was on Wednesday November 18, and I weighed in at 147 on their scale (which is a little different from the one I'm using obviously, and when I weigh in at home I don't have clothes on and do it first thing in the am so it really is my lowest possible weight, ha ha). So, nine weeks and nine training sessions later, their scale read 131! So in those nine weeks alone I lost 16 pounds! Sweet :) She was as excited as I was and congratulated me on a job well done, and commended me on my discipline and commitment to the plan.
After my training I did 15 minutes on the elliptical with high resistance and high speed, and then did the sideways running routine/fast sprint intervals for 15 minutes for a total of 30 minutes of high intensity cardio!
Oh, and I did weigh myself on my scale this morning, and it read 128.5 so I was correct, I am not gaining :) I'm going to try my best to be between 126-128 by next Wednesday when I leave for San Diego!! Totally within reach :) Going to work in a few extra workouts here and there, and try to be really extra good with my eating for the next seven days!

No comments:

Post a Comment