Friday, January 22, 2010

Week Twelve, days four and five....just plugging away....time go by FASTER!!

Day Four, Thursday....this morning I went to my weekly Pilates class at the gym, which was a great workout as usual :) Then I did my day three running stuff, and by the end of my workout was feeling pretty spent but pretty great!! I didn't have too much planned for the day, didn't have to work, so I took it easy and ran some errands (there is lots of little stuff to get done to prepare for this trip!! Like more than a normal vacation.) which included a stop by Eben's parents' house to pick up some little kid pics of him (way too adorable!) so I could scan them and send them off for a slideshow that one of the other recruits' sister is putting together for a meet and greet thing on Thursday night. So far I have gotten all the travel stuff I need, gotten all my misc. appointments/tasks done, gotten all of his clothes and stuff from his parents so I can pack his stuff in my suitcase and have his winter clothes here for our week in MN (he went out there with literally the clothes on his back, so I need to bring him some!!) as well as get all my own stuff together, clean the house for when we come back, make sure his xmas presents are all ready, make any appointments/arrangements for our week here, etc, etc, etc. Not to mention that practically NONE of my clothes fit and I don't really have the time or money to buy a new wardrobe before Wednesday. Yikes!! So there will have to be some strategic dressing going on! Anyway, enough with all this preparation...I'm just ready to GO already!! As of today he is officially a Marine and has successfully completed the Crucible....The pride, relief, joy, love I feel for him is just indescribable! So, from now till Thursday all we have to do is wait. My patience has officially run out.

Day Five, Friday......today I was scheduled to have the day off, but I decided to pick up a lunch shift for a little extra cash (and really I don't know what to do with myself and needed the distraction. Sad, huh? :) ANYTHING to make the time go by faster!!! Unfortunately it wasn't a very lucrative day, but it's more cash in my pocket than I had this morning, so that's a plus. When I got home I was feeling pretty tired for some reason, but wanted to do a good pilates and resistance workout. I did my pilates, but realized I hadn't eaten much yet and figured that's why I was feeling droopy....couldn't work out more on an empty tummy so I ate some dinner but still felt pretty wiped for the rest of the night. I decided to take a little rest and just hit it hard tomorrow...I am a little sore from extra hard workouts the last three days in a row, so it is nice to have a light day to break it up. Early to bed tonight!!
I also just found this website which is awesome for tracking what you eat in a day, and it's free!! You put in your age, height, weight, level of activity outside any fitness regimen, and how much weight you would like to lose in a week, and it calculates how many calories you should be eating in a day. Then you can go in and enter everything you eat and it has all the nutritional info right there and adds it into your total and shows you how much you have used for the day and how many calories you have left. It also lets you input your exercises, what you did and for how long, and estimates the number of calories you burned and subtracts it from you daily total. Pretty cool!! It is really helping me be extra conscious about what I eat and I've actually been much less prone to little "cheats" this week because I know I have to enter it in and it will show me exactly how it impacts my goal/total calories for the day!! On top of the workouts, it allows me to enter in my work hours for the day and see how many calories I've burned at work when I'm serving for 4 or 8 hours....and dang, it's a lot! On days I work 8+ hour shifts I'm burning over a thousand calories! With that on top of my eating and workouts, it's no wonder I'm losing weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment